How to Close Out 2020 With S.M.A.R.T Goals
We’re nearing the end of 2020. How are you feeling about your business? Are you satisfied? Overwhelmed? Excited? Stressed? Anxious? All five?
As we near the last quarter of the year, take some time to reevaluate your business goals. Now is as good a time as any to refocus on the bigger picture, break it down into smaller goals, and prepare for a new year of business growth.
Without clear goals, your business is simply operating, not achieving
Let me ask you something? Do you know:
Who you are–who are you serving, who are you willing to help, what kind of market are you targeting?
Where you are going–what are the results you want to achieve and when do you plan to achieve them by?
What is your priority in your business?
If these answers are a bit fuzzy for you, it’s time to set some S.M.A.R.T goals. I know most of us are familiar with S.M.A.R.T goals–it’s the most basic, reliable goal setting tool there is. It’s been tried-and-tested time and time again because it works.
Which is why we don’t have to reinvent the wheel every time we need to reevaluate our goals and set new ones. S.M.A.R.T goals are the best and surest way to keep your business vision aligned and focused.
Are your goals S.M.A.R.T goals? Are they:
- S: SPECIFIC?
– The more specific you are in what you want to achieve, the more clarity you have in your specific mission.
– You need them to be measurable. Numbers are your best friend in your growth.
– You have to stick to reality. Yes, dreaming big is key, but it’s also a journey. You will progress through a long series of smaller achievable steps.
– Plan actions that are the most relevant for your business. You can’t be the jack of all trades. Focus on specific areas of expertise.
T: TIME BOUND?
– Set deadlines to keep you on track.
Closing out 2020
I love coming back to my S.M.A.R.T goals every quarter. It’s the perfect time to revisit, realign and refocus. As we close out the craziest year yet, keep the momentum strong. Dream the highest vision of your life and business. Now is NOT the time to play small. Now is the time to step fully into your power–and use your S.M.A.R.T goals to do just that.
My name is Teresa Cavalla and I am the founder and Online Business Manager at Tailored Choice Consulting. I help busy entrepreneurs organize their business and complete their projects, saving them time, efforts and money while achieving astounding goals.
Need a free consultation? We are here to help.